Re: [oletrucks] Beefing Up My 235

To: "Michael Mendonca" <mm@service-quality.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Beefing Up My 235
From: "Jays Mail" <jaybaker@ruralnetwork.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:31:05 -0600
I've got a 38 1/2 ton I'm doing the same thing with. I'm using a 58 235 that
I'm going to leave all the internals original and just use bolt on stuff ie
Fenton period headers offenhauser or 3x1 54 vette sidedraft 3x1 carb setup.
Langdons Stovebolt is who I've been using for technical assistance they seem
to be real knowligable about breathing some life in to that old Stovebolt.
I'm also going with an s10 5 speed with OD so I can get some highway speed
and decent mileage. what I'm trying to achieve is a stock appearance with a
bit of performance but not modifying in such a way as that if I ever want to
to subframe but if I decide I'm not happy with the way stock suspension
handles I might consider volare or
mustang II supension at a later date.