Re: [oletrucks] Re: 1946 Chev 3/4 ton

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: 1946 Chev 3/4 ton
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 07:20:15 -0500
Guys,

My first question on the '46.  How do I get the battery out?  I can see that
it won't come through the cab floor.  But the mounting doesn't seen to allow
removal either.  It does look like the stock battery holder.  It was
corroded so I cut it with a hack saw to get the old battery out.

Help.

Whitney, I have had my '48 for some time.  I never ever thought that I would
get another truck. Do both your 46's run?  Stock?

My next thing is to make the '46 a little easier to drive.  Maybe change the
differential gearing.  (It seems like the truck is comfortable at 45 or 50
mph and not  much more.)  Maybe put better brakes on the front.  Also, can I
(do I want to) soften the ride a little?

Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe