Re: [oletrucks] garage floor slab

To: "New Mexico Jim" <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] garage floor slab
From: "Sheldon Schmidt" <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 06:50:26 -0700
Jim,

 How big is this slab going to be?

  You WILL have cracks, the only thing you can do is control them.  There is
a plastic "T" strip that goes into the concrete (it's about 2"tall) and then
the top peals off, leaving a verticle strip in the concrete, a place for the
concrete to crack straight.  The rebar will keep the cracks closed, and no
the creeper wheels won't get caught in the cracks.  My floor is about 8"
thick, (and cracked) and I think the rebar was spaced about every 2" in a
24x48 building. Mine also does not have any expansion joints at all, but the
concrete stem wall ,and the concrete floor should expand and contract about
the same for temp and moisture.  (I think).

  Sheldon Schmidt
  '56 1/2 NAPCO