[oletrucks] Primer, paint, chrome and all that.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Primer, paint, chrome and all that.
From: "Terry Bancesco" <drducttape@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 05:27:16 GMT
Hello all!!!

I have a few ?'s for all the xperts out there.

First, I was reading through this months Classic Truck mag, and I was
drooling over the blue 56 GMC p/u dreaming about the day my 57 will look as
good, and I noticed something I wanted to do to my oletruck.  As blasphemous
as this may seem, I wish to paint my chrome handles and wiper arms and other
little doodads. (which are too rusty and bubbly to polish up, and I'm not
within reach of the facilities or the pocket change to re-chrome)
I'm wondering, how does one etch the surface (affordably) to make the paint
stick for good?

Also, what is the best sandable primer/paint combinations for our trucks?
(brands?)

when dealing with rust spots on body panels, is it necessary to remove ALL
of the discoloration in the metal before priming?

I think that's it.....  if there's more, I'll add later.

Thanks in advance!!!

Terry.