[oletrucks] bed wood progress

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] bed wood progress
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 23:37:41 -0500
FINALLY am almost done with the bed wood... I been doing it a day or two at
a time, whenever I have free time, over the last 6 months :P

Found a nice slab of white oak to make the bed blocks with. Now sits nice
and even.

My current dilemma is this: my bed hardware kit (from Gilbert's) has 2 VERY
long and 6 slightly shorter bolts; I know that the 2 long go up by the cab,
through the frame, and that 4 of the slightly shorter go at the very back,
and about a foot forward of that... slightly offset towards the center of
the bed (middle of the second slat, roughly).  But WHERE do I put my other
2 longish bolts? My memory has long ago vanished of what it looked like,
and the old wood just crumbled when removed, so I can't use it as a
template.
When you call the distributors, they refuse to tell you the bolt location
measurements, since apparently it is a State Secret.

Also, the kit came wirth several large (1 1/2) washers, and many of these
are offset. Again, I no longer remember where these go.....

A tip - if you have a digital camera, take shots of EVERYTHING before you
start. I did this with a VW tranny recently, and it saved my *ss when I
moved the gear levers.  A quick look at the camera enabled me to adjust
them properly.  Even a Polaroid is prolly better than nothing.  Someone
have a shot of their bed wood I could look at :)?

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe