[oletrucks] Running Rich (FIXED!)

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Running Rich (FIXED!)
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:54:28 EDT
Thanks to many who offered advice on the rich running condition of my '48
with 235 engine.  After disassembling and rebuilding the carb more times than
I can remember, I decided to look at other reasons.  I lowered the carb fuel
level considerably, with no reaL change.  I then thought of a fuel pressure
regulator between the stock pump and carb.  $20 seemed too high to just try
it, so I opted for a $2 fuel filter between pump and carb.  I guess that was
enough restriction on the fuel to prevent the pressure from forcing open the
float shut off valve.  The engine runs and idles great, no more black smoke
from the exhaust.  Live and learn I guess.  Thanks again.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX
http://www.geocities.com/mike_klepp/septruckpage.html