Re: [oletrucks] Wiring

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 23:27:03 -0500 (CDT)
Pretty simple, really.  Switched ignition to one side of the ballast
resistor.  The other side of the ballast resistor to the coil.  On the
starter, for my '57, looking at the exposed end of the starter, the small
terminal on the left side goes to the coil.  This bypasses the ballast
resistor when the starter is operating and gives a hotter spark for
starting.  The coil is grounded through the points in the distributor.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN