Re: [oletrucks] 261 engine.

To: "New Mexico Jim" <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 261 engine.
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 19:28:14 -0400
A 1954 or early 1955 261 block (casting number 3733946) is supposed to have
more cylinder wall thickness and unless there is a core shift, can be bored
3/16". That makes for 278 cu.in. Not bad, but considering the cost of
special pistons, and the fact that GMC rods and oil pump are almost
mandatory for a hot 261, why not start with a GMC in the first place?

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL