Re: [oletrucks] engine hoists

To: "nateley" <nateley@email.msn.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine hoists
From: "Rob Lowe" <rllowe@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 20:20:13 -0400
I bought one from Northern 7 or 8 years ago for $200.  It wasn't the folding
one.   I don't remember the rating on it but it has an 8 ton ram. I rented
one before I bought mine to pull an engine out of a Toyota Supra (dual
overhead cam Six) it was a breeze.  So jerking the 216  shouldn't be a
problem for either the 1 Ton or the 2 Ton from Northern  For the $50
difference between the 1 ton and 2 ton in there catalog. I'd go with the 2
ton.  "Bigger is Better"  I'm not to keen on folding type tools they seem to
be flimsy.  But that's my opinion, I could be wrong!

Rob

40 Chevy PU
49 GMC Flat Bed
49 Studebaker PU