[oletrucks] Glass on an AD

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Glass on an AD
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:17:04 -0500
Well, thanks all for your responses to my glass install questions. It turns
out that I followed the shop manual on the back glass to the letter. I even
used a bar of soap to slick up the surfaces which was a mixed blessing. Sure
the glass went in the rubber easily, but it also slipped out just as easy. I
am certain I would rather have dental work than install that back glass ever
again. Never in my life have I seen anything so impossible yet sure enough
if you take 3 people and a full day and lots of screwdrivers you too can
succeed. We will be talking about yesterday for a very long time.

Meanwhile, it proved much easier to install the door glass. The cloth
covered track, the rubber inside the door, and the strip along the bottom of
the inside cover were all a snap. I even had new fasteners for the frame so
drilling out the old ones was the best way to go. You can get those little
fasteners to put the frame back together from Bowtie Bits if anyone needs
them.

So, back glass and doors are done.. tomorrow.. the windshield! I have read
up on the process and listened carefully to your tips, so I am armed with
just enough info to get it done.. one way or another!

Thanks again!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400