Re: [oletrucks] Master Cyl. for Big truck

To: <NTemple46@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Cyl. for Big truck
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:39:59 -0700

>This whole dual master cylinder has me thinking it would be a safe thing to
add while working on my truck.  My question is this.  What should I consider
if I decide to go dual on my 2-ton truck?  Would it be any different that a
1/2 ton other than size of cylinder?  What might be a good donor vehicle?

Neil, as long as the replacement were at least as big in diameter and plunge
depth as your original m/c, you shouldn't have a problem.  I don't know the
size of the original m/c for two ton, but I'll bet it wasn't any bigger than
a mustang, camaro or corvette m/c.

Those cars may have been lighter, but they were made to go a lot faster.  If
I'm wrong, just plan a field day at the junk yard, looking at the trucks and
big cars for a match to the bracket you get or make.

I just picked up an m/c and 7 inch double booster from a late 70s Gran
Torino.  God, what an ugly car.  But it had a great set of brakes, even with
a bleeder built into the m/c.  Cleaned up real nice, and looks brand new
inside the cyllinder.  Not bad for $20.  Had to pull it myself, but since it
was mounted right under the hood, it was easy.

Regards,

Grant