Re: [oletrucks] Master Cyl. for Big truck

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Cyl. for Big truck
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:32:03 -0400
Master Cylinders are NOT all same size.....the piston diameters vary from
about 7/8" to 1-1/8" for cars and light trucks to 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" for the
Medium and HD trucks.  It takes a lot more volume of fluid to move all of
those large wheel cylinders in the big trucks.

I would look for a donor truck with the same GVW rating.  Many trucks even
into the 70's still had single pot M/C's with Hydrovac's.

Let us know what you find!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland