Re: [oletrucks] Carb Leak

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carb Leak
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:19:00 -0600
>Just a comment on the use of teflon tape....when I installed my dual
>Rochesters, I wrapped the fittings in tape. Everything worked fine for months
>and then the engine started running bad...would barely run...when I took the
>carb apart, I found a little tiny piece of tape clogging a passage. I
>mentioned it to a mechaic and he told me that its not wise to use any kind of
>tape on carbs for this exact reason.  Good luck to you..
>
>  Dave Koon

Actually, do not use teflon tape on ANY system that could suffer from
getting little pieces of tape in it, ie, carbs and  your oil system!
Small pieces WILL get into the fluid stream - usually litle 'balls' - and
plug an internal oil passage in the block, stop up a carb jet, etc. Teflon
is great for home plumbing, but not autos; use gasgacinch or some such
instead.

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe