Re: [oletrucks] Gas Guage Sending Unit

To: <Pastorjon994@cs.com>, "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas Guage Sending Unit
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 12:04:27 -0600
I took my tank out, dropped a chain in it and shook it around to loosen the
rust, poured in a gallon of Ospho (available at home improvement centers),
let it sit overnite, hit it with the high pressure hose a the carwash a few
times, and repeated the process.  Then I got the liner kit from Whitney, but
I have seen a similar solution in some of the vendor catalogs recently too.

It's been a couple of years now, and I drive it every day- I also recommend
the clear glass fuel filter so you can watch for any residual rust or
whatever from the tank.

Good luck!

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)