Re: [oletrucks] Tappet adjustment

To: <Passnb4U@aol.com>, <sculver@iwl.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tappet adjustment
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 00:17:35 -0500
Guys, Seems to me the valves next to the ports that feed them or exhaust
them would be a clue. Don't forget sometimes two in a row can still be
exhaust or intake valves. ALSO, it tells this stuff in the shop manuals, you
guys oughta get one or read the one you have. A cleaner way to set and not
smash the feeler gauge up is to do it cold. You need to find TDC on #1 set
them, then turn crank certain # of degrees and set another set (not
neccessarilly in order either) and another turn, set, turn, set till done.
Cold settings are larger than hot settings. Maybe the Inliner's site or
Stovebolt Eng Co site can get you instructions through that procedure. Maybe
Patrick's too.
Sorry, had to pick on you guys! HA!
                                       "G"