[oletrucks] Re: Overdrive Transmission

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Overdrive Transmission
From: JWSuther1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:17:07 EST
Hello - Talking about the shift pattern on the overdrive transmission reminds
me of a scary experience several years ago with my 56 stepside 235 overdrive
truck.  I had just finished the truck and headed out to Pigeon Forge, Tenn.
to a show.  I stopped in the foothills to get a bite to eat and parked the
truck on a slight incline put the transmission into second gear and set the
parking brake.  Fortunately I parked away from other vehicles to avoid
parking lot rash started across the lot and looked back to admire the truck.
To my surprise it was slowly rolling down the hill -- man did I do some
serious footwork to catch up with it!  If you leave the overdrive engaged all
the time like I did make sure you leave it parked in Reverse and adjust the
parking brake cable a little better than I did.  (I could use the excuse that
the new cable stretched - but I won't)

Regards - John Sutherland - Greensboro, NC
59 Fleets and 55 2nd Step