[oletrucks] quadrajets

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] quadrajets
From: "Jim Nordwall" <jnord@fgi.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:01:05 -0600
After reading the recent comments on Quadrajets, I searched the internet
looking for some Quadrajet rebuilding tips,  I found two sites that were
very enlightening.  One is a site devoted to Pontiacs and the other is a
site devoted to Buicks.  The Buick site speaks well about what to look for
when rebuilding a Quadrajet, while the Pontiac sites details how to fine the
carburetor for maximum performance.  My truck had a problem with idling,
sometimes it idled fine, other times very rough.  I was considering an
Edlebrock carb until I found that the wells in the carburetor leaked and
that the secondaries didn't always close completely. After sealing the wells
with epoxy and removing the ridge where the baffle was hanging up, the
Quadrajet works great, I and get to keep the $400 I would have spent on the
Edlebrock.

Pontiac site
http://mts.simplenet.com/mts/tech/Quad.htm

Buick site