[oletrucks] No Spark, Where to Start Looking?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] No Spark, Where to Start Looking?
From: "Mike" <m1a20@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 17:19:20 -0600
Finally some progress on the truck.  Here's the latest hang up.  We finally
worked enough to get the starter to crank over the engine, and that is where
we sit right now.  The motor spins, but no spark.  Any ideas where to start?
How would a person check through the ignition system to determine if
anything is either bad or just not hooked up properly?  And what can someone
do with just a multimeter and a screw driver to begin with?  I am not afraid
of hard work, but I prefer to start with the simple stuff and work out
toward the more difficult possibilities.

Any hints and/or steps (simple or detailed, detail preferred) would be
warmly welcomed, as it finally begins to seem like winter in Minnesota (a
light dusting of snow has tried to fall).

Thanks again for the many great assistances in the past.  You have all been
very helpful.

Mike Anderson
1948 Thriftmaster 3804
http://www.visi.com/~m1a20/Truck (someday the site will have a new look to