Re: [oletrucks] Speedometer needed

To: nateley@email.msn.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Speedometer needed
From: EEHodges@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:51:02 EST
I had the same problem several months ago. I got another speedometer and had
the same thing happen to it while disassembling it.

A fellow list member sent me some type of cable connector (I think) that
works great to repair the needle shaft. You have to be VERY CAREFUL - measure
2 (or 10) times then trim the broken shaft to the right length. The connector
is a rather tight fit over the shaft (can be crimped if necessary). The
needle end of the connector must be filed down a bit in diameter and trimmed
(AGAIN CAREFULLY) to length. It inserts into the back of the needle housing.
Speedometer works great now.

You may want to check around before giving up on your speedometer.

Good luck,

Emory Hodges
EEHodges@aol.com
48 Chevy 3/4 ton "Rack"

In a message dated 11/13/2000 6:17:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,