RE: [oletrucks] Wheels for AD with disk brakes

To: "'CHARLES A. CLARK'" <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Wheels for AD with disk brakes
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:07:36 -0600
My disk brake kit came with 1/4" "spacers" to place
between the back side of the wheel and the hub.  They
are basically just a piece of flat plate donut-shaped
steel with holes drilled in them to fit over the studs
that the lug nuts go on.  The inside and outside
diameter of the donuts coincide with the mounting
surface on the hub that the wheel mounts to.

I didn't need mine because I was already using 15x7
six lug wheels from a late 70s Chevy 4x4.  The offset
of these wheels was just enough to clear the tie-rod,
however I did have to tweak the "stop" on the right
spindle to prevent the left tire from touching the
drag link.

I'll bet a wheel/tire shop that sells a bunch of
fancy aftermarket wheels would have similar spacers
for sale in your 5 bolt pattern.