Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Noise

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Noise
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:54:25 -0600
If you don't consider the removal and installation of the transmission, the
throw out bearing is a piece of cake to replace.  I don't understand,
however, why anyone would repack a throw out bearing instead of replacing
it, when a new one should last 100,000 miles instead of only a few (20K)?
I personally remove and replace transmissions only when I have to.

BobK
51 3100 5-window (project)
54 3600 5-window (doner)
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Woods E. Houghton"

                    <woodecindy@caverns.        To:     "Blaine & Maggie
Dumkee"
                    com>                        <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>,
"oletrucks"
                    Sent by:                    <oletrucks@autox.team.net>

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        cc:

                    x.team.net                  Subject:     Re: [oletrucks]
Clutch Noise

                    11/14/00 11:09 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Woods E. Houghton"

It a throw out, not hard check all three parts when you got the
transmission
down.  Sometime if it just starting all you have to do is pack the bearing
with good lithium grease that will give it another 20k miles or so.
Woods
53 5 window