[oletrucks] What is a heat riser on a 3100 '49

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] What is a heat riser on a 3100 '49
From: Holly and Chris Mills <scmills@tntech.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 22:11:43 -0600
I know where it is but what does it do and how does it accomplish this?

Dumb question I know but I'm used to later model stuff with big air
cleaners and hot air hoses on it for a faster warm up.

Mine doesn't have an oilbath air cleaner on it, just a dinky little paper
cleaner.

A friend has an oil bath air filter setup for me when he finds it eventually...

CHRIS in Tennessee
scmills@tntech.edu
ICQ: 5944649

'78 Westy (maybe some CIS injection,Corvair, turbos --- hmmmm...)
'65 Beetle (Type IV powered)
'99 CR-V 5 speed
'49 Chevy 3100 Pickup
'81 Honda CB900C