Re: [oletrucks] truck parts

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] truck parts
From: "David Clark" <DCLARK3@MMCABLE.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 21:35:19 -0600
Hi all,I just returned from a trip from OKC to Denver.  On the way back to
OKC, we stopped for gas on I-70, exit 383, about 70 or so miles East of
Denver at a place called Arriba.   Across the street from the station was 2,
58/59 Chevy trucks:  One looks like a 1 ton in pretty bad shape, and the
other is probably a 3/4 ton frame with a big window cab and some sort of
backhoe rigging on the back.  What's premium about this one is the cab and
doors.  The cab and doors appear to be virtually dent and rust free.  (I've
been looking for a driver's door for my 57 3100 for a while.)  I looked
around and knocked on the door at the house and shop but couldn't roust
anyone.  The folks at the station said the owners had left for work that
morning and likely wouldn't be back until later that afternoon.  We couldn't
wait around and had to get on back to OKC.
Anyone out in that area might want to drop by and take a look.  There wasn't
a price or phone number indicated on the for sale sign, and I don't know if
they would part them out. Might be worth the effort.

Trucknman@mmcable.com
57 3100 BW
Midwest City, OK