Re: [oletrucks] '46 water pump

To: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '46 water pump
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:25:06 -0500
Michael,
   Is there any way you could place a washer behind it to take up the play.
If there is any slop seems like the constant rpms would wobble out the
pulley holes further and cause more play. You don't want the fan blades or
anything coming apart while engine is running. We've had list members that
have had the blades come off of the fan, i've got a slit in my work truck
56 that the blade went through as well as one go through the radiator.
I personally would figure out a way to get rid of it......wayne

At 11:06 PM 11/19/00 -0600, Michael Lubitz wrote:
>Guys,
>
>I bought a rebuilt water pump the LAPS as mine was leaking a little.
There is
>some play in the pulley and it wobbles a little (1/8" at the end of the fan.)
>
>Is this O.K.?
>
>Michael Lubitz
>1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
>1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe