[oletrucks] 1950 Crossmember

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1950 Crossmember
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:03:44 -0600
I have removed the Hydramatic tranny that someone thot belonged in a 1950
1/2 ton. Wasnt easy, but I did it without injury. Problem is, the
crossmember that holds the rear motor mounts is an automatic tranny
crossmember. Its all wrong for a standard. If anyone here can invision what
the problem is, please tell me what would be the best course of action. The
47-50 motor mounts are completely wrong for this crossmember. The ones that
are at a slant are almost correct but are too close together. I have one of
each bell housing, but would like to use the original. Anyhow, I am almost
ready to drive 250 miles to the salvage yard and torch an original one out.
I am hoping my local welder/fabricator can come to my rescue. Its tricky to
fabricate tho. You have to be certain to build it up to the right height or
the drive shaft wont be straight with the rear end. This is over my head
just a little so any geniuses out there, please speak up!

Thanks!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html