RE: [oletrucks] 1950 Crossmember

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 1950 Crossmember
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:58:32 -0500
Oh man!!  True True True!!!

  I've implemented a bogus $25.00 "Liars Fee" at the Bike Shop for those "It
was running fine YESTERDAY and then it just quit" customers, who obviously
haven't turned the motor over in 17 years. Specific:  Gas tank won't hold
air, let alone gas due to rust holes. Wheel bearings are rusted so badly the
rims won't turn, and neither will the engine.  Remains of at least 6
generations of squirrels in the empty battery box (with skeletons
intact)((No, I didn't bother to have them carbon dated, but I thought about
it!)).

  And...  a bogus $25.00 "Jury Rig Repair Fee" above and beyond the cost of
repair for fixing each "Jury Rig" that was obviously done more than a year
ago (When I determine that the current owner did it...) Specifics:  El'
Cheapo household extension cords used to wire everything from the electric
starter to the lights. Exhaust pipe (Steel) welded to the head (Aluminum)
...And it was a B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l Job, I assure you!  My favorite:  Wire
ends twisted together duct taped to the handlebars so that you could
actually untwist one and twist it to another taped next to it to select
either high or low beam headlights.  Now THIS could be fun on a rainy dark
night!!! :-)

  I've actually NEVER charged someone for these, but the unbelievable
stories I hear and the "Whodunnit and Why Tales" are the stuff movies are
made of!  It really brings folks to life when you tell them about the
charges, though...  I could write a book! :-)

  I'm 42 Deve, and it's still fun!

Hey, by the way...  Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO
The NAPCO Owners Group
http://www.stovebolt.com/napco