[oletrucks] Dust Dirt insect removal

To: Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Dust Dirt insect removal
From: Alan Quin <Alan_Quin@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:16:24 -0800
        Just a response to the question of dust/debris removal from
paint that Michael Lubitz
        posted.I have finally begun to reassemble my bed sides /
fendenders onto my 52 GMC
        9300  half ton .Dupont base /clear .Torched red.Dust and
particles can be removed
        by sanding with 1200 wetdry then tediously polishing with the
recommended fine serface
        polishes (I used 3 m followed by a good wax polish).It is a very
long process and I see some
        swirl marks I would like gone. I dont have a proper spray booth
and the dust in the air is
        very frustrating. I polished both bed sides in side and out. I
am happy with the result. Not
        a job i would want to do over. It is so hard to avoid nicks ect
when you are reassemble!!
        I will post some pictures on my website very soon.
Thanks Alan Quin

52 9300 GMC Canadian rodded