Re: [oletrucks] ST10 tailshaft

To: Ben Bennett <greyhawk200@att.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ST10 tailshaft
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:28:10 -0500
Ben,
  I re-read your question and think I may of missed the real point. I
skipped over the vibration part, and just thought you felt the tail
shaft was loose. I doubt shimming the main shaft will stop any vibration
though this might need to be done also. Sorry for causing any confusion.

     There is a bushing in the tail shaft housing. For some reason I
can't remember, it is not available from GM, but they will offer to sell
you the whole housing. A local tranny shop here said they can replace
just the bushing but that mine didn't look too bad.
  Was the vibration always there or gradually develop? I assume you
checked u joints and the drive line angles are OK. The vibration goes
with road speed or engine speed?

Grant