Re: [oletrucks] saginaw 4 speed transmission

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] saginaw 4 speed transmission
From: "Claude" <cramey@dashlink.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:39:40 -0600
Alan, I put the Saginaw 4-speed in my '59. I bought it at a swap meet for
$50 but had to put a new input shaft housing on it ($15 from the local trans
shop). The trans was in good shape and works fine. I chose the trans with
the 3.50 1st gear because I have a 3.08 rear end ratio. The old 4-speed
granny had a 3.50 2nd gear (the first gear after granny) and was a
comfortable gear ratio for me. Patricks catalog shows how to tell the
differance. I also bought the shifter from Patricks. It's really nice.

These transmissions were also used in Monzas and I think some of just about
all the mid size cars. (malibu,nova)

Claude
http://www.dashlink.com/~rameyfam