Re: [oletrucks] 235/261 Heads

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235/261 Heads
From: 237459N@knotes.kodak.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 08:50:25 -0500
From: W P. Fricke

John,
<...I am rebuilding a Carter and a Rochster Carbs for my two trucks and
need
some parts that do not come in the repair kits...>
Whats this all about? Don't you know we're in the middle of a "defense of
the farmer" thread? If you can't contribute to that, well, just hold of a
little/sit back/read and learn...

Eric,
Now yer talkin'. This is the kind of thread I like. One with some emotion!
About time.
<...little pansy ass rich kids,...>

I belong to a harley digest too and this happens all the time. Sorts out
the issues people have in a kind of therapeutic way. Call me a pansy ass
and I'll have to kick yours!

I'm not from the mid west and ain't no farmer but have spent some time in
my youth working on farms and ranches in the east and west, beef and dairy.
And I've learned how tractors are torn down. Something needed fixing every
damn day. One of my best friends is a farmer. He has a great collection of
old single piston flywheel engines. The ones that used to power a whole
factory. He also has some old trucks. They run. He needed a tractor to haul
with. He bought a '72 Peterbuilt. His motorcyle is almost 30 years old. He
fixes everything himself. I love this guy! He continues to teach me stuff
as I sit here in an office all day.

The goal I have with my '53 is to make it authentic meaning stock. To reach
that goal, I have to have the right parts...working. And they usually
ending up working better because of it. But if binder twine works well
enough for you, great. Who gives a shit.

Let the fir fly.

Patrick
'53 3100