[oletrucks] 235/261 Heads

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 235/261 Heads
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:37:13 -0600
I can accept that there is an oiler port for the rockers on the outside of
this engine, but I dont see that on all 235's. This is a 261 (1959 model) so
maybe its normal. I am trying to ascertain whether or not the 261 motor has
a 235 head on it. This might explain why the PO was having trouble getting
oil to the rockers. When using a 235 head on a 261, there are two holes that
need to be drilled in the head. I got that from Jim Carter. What I dont know
is, what are those holes for? Maybe one of them is to provide an internal
path for oil to get to the rockers? Since the manifolds are off, I figured
now would be a good time to see if anyone here knows.

Thanks again

Deve