[oletrucks] fellas, fellas - hold on a minute here

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] fellas, fellas - hold on a minute here
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:22:29 -0600
I don't think there is a single forum anywhere in the world where
everybody gets along 100% of the time. We are all individuals - we
can't possibly all agree, all conform, all the time.

The bickering is not unique to this list. The napco list has had a
few moments like this.  The monitor lizard forum I am a member of -
 forget it - it's like a war in there sometimes - serious fighting no
kidding. (like monitors actually;)

The point is - whenever you get a bunch of people together - you
have differences of opinion.  I know ya'll don't prefer that we all act
like clones - right?  I myself have let loose with a few zingers here
and there - Miq "corrected" me - no harm done. I keep my
sociopolitical thoughts primarily to myself now unless I see a way
to sneak something in in good spirits.

Like anything in life - the list has and will continue to change. "Us"
oldtimers (I have been on for 2+ years or so), are seeing new
people asking a lot of questions we have all addressed years ago.
It's a gradual handover from the old birds to the new fledglings - but
for everyone to just bail is like - can't ya'll handle a little variety - it
is the spice of life!

I appreciate that a lot of us don't want to field questions that have
been answered in 4 part harmony. I appreciate that some of us are
hardcore stockers while others are custom oriented - so what?
Reply to what interests you and delete the rest - I don't think there
was ever a time where EVERY question was interesting to
EVERYone.

This oldtruck list is the best around. To just split is like stopping a
facet of the hobby in it's tracks. There's lots of new people who
need help. I've been into classics for 15 years - I used to have to
call and harass hundreds of people all over the country to get
questions answered ;)  - the list is an invaluable resource to many
people - today and tomorrow. Don't split just because of a few
rampant off topics and emotions - emotion is life, it's hard to keep
things black and white.

Anyway, I too miss Jim/Bob and others who have already left. As
the old Frost poem says, "nothing gold can stay".  They'll be back
again.

Ya'll reconsider!
Eric Pesci
(quiet for the last few months but still here)