[oletrucks] '51 Furniture body

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '51 Furniture body
From: DFloyd818@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:33:22 EST
When my father still owned his auto body shop, he owned a '51 Chevy 1-ton
with a low flatbed.  I am curious if this bed was a standard factory item or
a dealer installed bed style.  I used the truck many times while going to
college and have some great memories of "Old #7".  My father named the truck
after the cantankerous mule on the "Grizzly Adams" TV show from the '70's.
The bed had a steel floor with squareish humps over the wheels to allow the
floor to be lower.  The sides were wood framed with a sheet-metal skin and
about 5'-6" tall.  The front corners were radiused and the sides sloped down
at the back.  I always loved the shape of the body but have not seen one like
it since my father sent this one to the salvage yard over ten years ago.  Any
thoughts?

Regards to those who remain,
David
San Luis Obispo, CA