[oletrucks] vacuum advance / lines

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] vacuum advance / lines
From: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 20:30:59 -0500
List,

My winter project is to rebuild a 235 for my truck. I am putting a dual
intake manifold on and was wondering about the vacuum lines. each carb has a
spot for a vacuum line and the manifold has a spot for one as well. Is it
better to plug the carbs and run a line from the manifold ? Or try to
connect both carbs up to the vacuum advance ?  I have seen on either the
stovebolt or inliners page that keeping a vacuum advance, even with dual
carbs is the preferred setup. Is this true even with the Mallory dual point
or hei distributors ?

Any and all feedback welcome.

Bill Schickling
1940 3/4 Ton