Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?

To: Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Generator Squeal?
From: Pastorjon994@cs.com
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 19:58:15 EST
<<This power is supplied via the belt at the generator pulley.  My guess is
that the squeal you hear is the belt slipping.>>

Bill,  I agree with you, however the belt appears to be plenty tight.  I'll
try to get the original size and style.  It has a Gates V belt on it now, but
appears to be pretty narrow and ribbed on top.  My guess is that the PO
substituted what he could find.

I checked for bearing noise and there doesn't appear to be any. (broom handle
to the ear trick)  I'll research the 216 fan belt angle.  Thanks to all who
helped.

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, IL