[oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] 3 Speed Standard Overdrive

To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] 3 Speed Standard Overdrive
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:24:57 -0500
Deve<
It probably depends on the type of overdrive transmission. I had a '55
that was a GM 3 speed with a Borg-warner overdrive unit. (Factory option
before GM had their own overdrive later).

It was wired from the ignition, to the kick down switch, to the speed
switch (governor),  to the engagement solinoid. On that unit the Handle
under the dash was a "lockout", when it was pulled the overdrive would
NOT engauge, pushing it in allowed for normal operation.

The kick down switch is just a "normally closed" push button with a
bracket so the trottle lever would push it open at wide open throttle.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula, FL