[oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] 3 Speed Standard Overdrive

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [old-chevy-truck] 3 Speed Standard Overdrive
From: "Haas, J. de" <Haas@WT.TNO.NL>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:27:22 +0100
Hi Guys,
This is the first time I can help out (I think). I found some interesting
material on the three speed with overdrive on
http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/over/drive.htm

I hope this helps. I have got a 3-speed with overdrive myself coupled to a 283
V8. The previous owner warned me not to try any trick stuff with the gearbox
(like shown on the page I mentioned) as the transmission was probably
overpowered with the 283 (with manifold and carb upgrade). Is this true ? Are
these gearboxes and overdrive units that fragile ? Last question : does anybody
know where I could find a speed governor which is used in the "6 speed" set-up ?
I have not looked in detail on my transmission yet but I am quite sure that
there isn't one on there.

Kind regards

Joeri de Haas

'58 Apache 3200 283