[oletrucks] Steering question

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering question
From: Bruce Michaels <hbn@ojai.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:28:30 -0800
Here's My question for the day. Has anybody mounted a power steering
unit in the stock
location of the original steering gearbox? the reason I want to do this
is because I bought a partial truck to make my NAPCO out of, so I don't
care of making modifications to the truck itself, but I "DO NOT" want to
alter the NAPCO parts at all because of there historical significance.
Witch means both shocks have to be mounted going forward. It seems it
should be pretty straight forward. concerns I have are hooking up the
steering column to it with out using to sharp of an angle in the U
joints (from a kit). And maybe diminished turning radius turning left
(unit might get in the way).
What do you think??
Bruce
http://www.ojai.net/hbn/killer51.html