Re: [oletrucks] sandblasting/painting

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sandblasting/painting
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:04:11 -0500
Kevin, I have done LOTS of blasting and I can tell you from experience that
the sand will go everywhere.  I wouldn't blast anything assembled if
possible, it's to hard to clean all of the sand out.  You will end up with
sand in the window tracks, the hinge pins, inner door bottom, etc.

I would try to blast it all at the same time before assembly.  But if you
must do it in stages use Duct Tape on anything you want to protect.  Duct
Tape can take a short direct hit and bounce the sand off.  Two ply it in
tight areas.  I would also bag my brake drums/rotors and carb if the cab is
on the frame, as I said the sand will go everywhere!!!

Happy Holidays!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland