[oletrucks] Thank You...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Thank You...
From: Tom OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 13:21:12 -0800
Just wanted to thank all of you for your help this past year.  I like to
follow up on my posts, but get busy and on to other projects, so here
goes...

Steering box adjust (thank you Jim Forbes) - your help was indispensable
in addition to the shop manual.  The adjustment screw on the side of the
box bottomed out, so I will need to get the box rebuilt sometime soon.

Valve adjust - turned out to be a timing problem.

235 Engine Rebuild - the chevytrucks.org website was very helpful (hint,
hint...).  I also checked the stovebolt and inliners page.

Brake bleeding - You were right & I could have pumped on my Mityvac til I
was blue in the face and still gotten air around the threads;  am going
to try the speedbleeders on my 71; got a friend to pump the pedal and
worked right away.

Note:  The factory shop manuals have been very helpful in addition to the
info on the mailing list.

I will be going offline for a few days while I take a much needed
sabbatical and go on a road trip to check out an ole truck.

I look forward to all the info next year.  See Ya.

Tom O.
Oregon
60 Apache K20