[oletrucks] 216 v 235

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 216 v 235
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:45:21 -0600
Hello All,

     My question has been covered on this list before, but I have been
unable to access the archieves website.  I keep ending up at a Network
Solutions "under construction" site?  So, I guess that I will ask the
collective wisdom of the list.

     What parts are interchangable between a 1951 216 and a 235?  My father
has a 216 that needs an overhaul.  He is interested in upgrading to a 235
but wants to do it as cheaply as possible (he is on a fixed income -
retirement budget).  Will the heads, intake, exhaust, etc from the 216 fit
a rebuilt 235?  If I remember correctly little from the 216 will fit the
235, but I would like to know for sure.

     Thanks in advance for any help.

BobK
51 3600 5-window