Re: [oletrucks] '49 3100 - 2 questions (carb/electrical)

To: "Holly and Chris Mills" <scmills@tntech.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '49 3100 - 2 questions (carb/electrical)
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 19:15:38 -0800
Lets see, where do I start?

O.K.  lets start with the mixture screw turned almost all the way out.  That
tells me that you may have gotten something in the carburetor and the float
level is low or the jet is kind of restricted and letting only a little fuel
pass.  Usually with a correct fuel level the mixture screw is about two
turns out from fully seated.  I guess you'll be able to tell for sure when
you pull the plugs to check their condition.  Your miss could be cured by
something as simple as resetting the point gap.

Positive ground is usually associated with the GMC's.  For negative ground
Chevy's the coil's (+) terminal goes to the key switch and the neg. (-)
terminal goes to the distributor.

When my truck used to cough through the carburetor is was usually just off
timing a few degree's.

Hope you get the truck purring real soon.

Joe