Re: [oletrucks] Rear End, Trany, OD Choice

To: wbenton@maclay.org, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear End, Trany, OD Choice
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 21:45:32 EST
wbenton@maclay.org writes:

<< What are some combos you guys have on your trucks that worked out nice
 for daily drivers?  Im looking for a truck to drive around town with some
use for high speed on the highway. >>

Wade,
  I have a mid 60's BW 3-speed OD hooked behind my '54 235 with a '62
positraction truck rear with 3.90 gears.  This has setup has good starting
acceleration and will pull 65-70 in the interstate without over-reving the
motor.  In high gear OD, it equates to about a 2.73 gear ratio by my
calculator.  I think this setup is the best of both worlds.  It all looks
stock with the column shifter, but will keep up with today's traffic.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX