[oletrucks] Paint info

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Paint info
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:44:59 -0500
I'm finally getting to the point where I can get a pretty good paint job
done (on small things) with the rattle cans.  Just got a new set of wheels
for my '47-2 and have just finished painting them.  Turned out pretty nice.
I'm still learning about different kinds of paints and I have some questions
for you folks who have much more experience with painting.
1.  What's the difference in "enamel" and "acrylic enamel"?
2.  What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
3.  Is adding a clear coat always a good idea?  (Ex....painting wheels,
steering wheels, small parts, etc.)
4.  When should I use a "sandable primer" vs. regular primer?
5.  For the smoothest finish, should I sand the primer......then sand each
coat of paint I apply?
6.  What's the lowest temperature I should paint in?  (I've heard 50
degrees.)
7.  During the colder months, I paint indoors (really screwed up my laundry
room!).  Is a mask necessary when painting indoors?

I greatly appreciate the info!
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC
tcape@weblnk.net