Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Gauge Question

To: <Mikerross@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fuel Gauge Question
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 21:55:52 -0600
There should be a ground wire from one of the screws that hold the sender
onto the tank to a ground.  That is how my 50 sending unit is setup, as the
tank has fibre paper on the straps to prevent metal to metal contact and
cause a spark.  On my gauge screws there are 3 that have a very thin brass
rim where the screw head contacts the sending unit.  I used that particular
screw as the screws seemed to have the brass, or maybe it's copper rim.

I will take a picture of what I am talking about tomorrow and maybe that
will explain it better if what I said confused anyone.

Jon 50 3104

Jon 50 3104