[oletrucks] brake diagnostic help

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] brake diagnostic help
From: "McNulty, Bob" <BMCNULTY@csuchico.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:57:10 -0800
I have a firewall mounted power brake set up I pulled from a 76 van that is
now leaking  the entire volume out of the rear reservoir.  The front
reservoir stays full.  I have visual fluid loss where the vacuum canister
meets the master cylinder.

Before I pull the whole mess tomorrow (providing my local brake supplier is
open )....  any ideas what the problem  is?  I keep filling it and the
brakes seem fine so I'm guessing the vacuum assist is working properly.  If
the cups were bad on the piston I would assume that it would just blow by
and the reservoir would stay full.

I am used to manual brake set ups so I was hoping to get a jump on the
diagnostics by askin'  y'all first.

Thanks

Bob ( one of the many on the list)

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef]