Re: [oletrucks] hahah sexyfun snow white e-mail

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hahah sexyfun snow white e-mail
From: Lewis Osborn <losborn@internetcds.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:04:15 -0800
Monday, January 15, 2001, 8:08:44 AM, Miq wrote:

> Durwood B. Darbin says:
>>
>> That turd  in the subject line is still sending the snow white message with
>> an attachment that has a virus.  Don't open the attachment.  How many other
>> list members are on this clown's list?  How do we shake the varmint other
>> than activate the block sender thingy?

> First, oletrucks is a closed list.  Unless you are a member of the list
> (get messages sent to your email) you can not send.  I assure you
> hahaha@sexyfun.net is not a memeber.

<snip>

> In short, if you get the hahaha message, that means that someone you sent
> mail to in the past or on this list or another list you are a member of,
> has a message from you saved on their computer.  The list was not the means
> of propigation of the worm, someone took the bait.

> I don't know what else there is that I can do to keep oletrucks clean, but
> I think that you will all agree, the methods I have put in logically seem
> to be able to do what needs to be done to block the bad stuff.

I've been getting my share of Snow White as _a result of_, not
_through_, several mail lists that I'm on.  It looks like one or more
members of each of the lists that I'm on is infected.  As a result, when
they receive a message from the list, Snow White apparently
automatically replies to all the addresses on that message (just as when
someone replies to a message selecting Reply All.)  So, if you send a
message to the list, you'll probably - but, in my experience, not every
time (?!?!) - get a Snow White back.  Keep on deleting her _without_
opening the attachments, and, maybe, one of these days the infected
folks will find out that their infected, and get things fixed.

Miq, on one of the other lists that I'm on, the list owner is able to
find out which ISP the messages are originating on, even thought the
virus covers its own computer tracks.  He then posts this info to the
list so that the members who use that particular ISP can take a close
look at their computers.  I don't know whether all list software and/or
servers have this ability or not.

--
Lewis - K7LVO - Medford, OR - Valley of the Rogue
The Forty - 1940 Chevy Pickup - One Owner