Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Head Bits and Riveting Tools

To: "Old Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Head Bits and Riveting Tools
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:26:58 -0600
Most of the antique parts suppliers have the screwdrivers (set of 4) but
they strip out almost immediately for me, so I am trying to locate all 4 in
bits in the hopes they are made of stronger steel. So far we have located
the smallest 3 bits, but the 5/16 is eluding us. Anyone know of a source?

Also, in working on these vent windows, I have a need for a riveting tool.
Not a pop rivet tool that is common in most hardware stores, but one that
presses in the kind of rivets that are used on our trucks in many places. I
bought a punch from Chevy Duty and altho its good quality, doesnt allow you
to get into tight places. Some kind of rivet pressing tool (hand held) would
be better if there is such a thing. Does anyone know of such a thing and a
good rivet supply source?

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html