Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Head Bits and Riveting Tools

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch Head Bits and Riveting Tools
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:21:43 -0600
Deve,

Go to either Sears Hardware or Home Depot, look in their rivet section.
They have washers that fit the rivets as I used these to reattach my upper
cowl vent instead of using the mushroom type bushing, also on the inner
fenders to hold the headlight blocks and other items to the firewall and
other sheet metal parts

They fit on the end where the rivet will mushroom and hold it great.  They
will be as flush as possible with the washer on one side and the rivet head
on the other.  The draw back is one side you have to decide which will have
the mushroomed area holding the washer, but if you want take a dremel tool
and grind off as mush of the mushroom as you want

Make sure you buy steel rivets, not aluminum rivets.  I have been using this
for along time as I did not want to buy another tool.

My father showed me this trick when he would fabricate rear quarter panels
for his racecars.  When they got smashed or dented he ground off the washer
side and replaced them.  Fast easy and simple!

Jon 50 3104
Chicago burbs