[oletrucks] Fw: door weatherstripping

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fw: door weatherstripping
From: "Slim" <loebig@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:51:38 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Slim
To: old-chevy-truck@egroups.com
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 6:37 PM
Subject: door weatherstripping

I recently purchased a 1952 Chev half ton and the previous owner never
finished the project.
The problem is the doors closing. doors have been sandblasted cleaned
repainted,
hinges rebuilt new springs then installed weather-stripping
The installation of the weather-stripping looks excellent.
when  the door is closed and latched tightly standing at the rear of the truck
looking forward there is approx a quarter of an inch further the door should
go shut.
Has anyone had this problem. I assume the weather-strip is too thick.
If I remove and re-install new where should I buy it
so it is the proper thickness? which vendor do you recommend
Somewhat a perfectionist
Slim